nchca show health requirements
- See information below from the Minnesota Board of Animal Health. For current requirements please go to the Minnesota Board of Animal Health at http://www.bah.state.mn.us/ and click on import requirements or call them at 651-296-2942
- NOTE: The Minnesota Board of Animal Health is continuing its policy that requires official identification of the animal. Please see the section titled “Official ID for importing cattle and bison into Minnesota” for the official identification options. The show veterinarian will be checking for this and will be tagging any animals that do not meet the requirement. This includes all market animals and applies to animals originating from Minnesota coming to the show. Also recall, the Minnesota Board of Animal Health instituted a permit number policy. This will require your veterinarian to call for a permit number prior to completing the certificate of Veterinarian Inspection form.
- Minnesota Board of Animal Health -
- See Import Regulations - Cattle and Bison (Updated April 18, 2018)
- Cattle and bison imported into Minnesota must be accompanied by a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI), be officially identified, and have an import permit.
The Certificate of Veterinary Inspection must list the individual identification number of each animal in the consignment, along with the information listed above.
To request an import permit for cattle entering Minnesota, please call the Minnesota Board of Animal Health mainline at 651-296-2942.
Information that will be collected and required in order to obtain a free import permit include:
- Name, address and telephone number for the veterinarian issuing the Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI);
- The CVI number;
- Name, address and telephone number of the origin of the cattle; and
- Name, address and telephone number for the destination of the cattle (destination refers to the physical location the cattle will be residing at and not a business or home address).
- The Board will also require information on the type of official identification that has been used on the cattle.
- All cattle of all ages and classes entering Minnesota for exhibition purposes require a CVI, official ID, and an import permit. Please include these numbers on the registration forms.
- Cattle originating form parts of Michigan, Montana, Wyoming, and Idaho must meet additional important requirements. Call the Board of Animal Health for more information.